Udaipur Sightseens – Help you in planning your Udaipur Travel
Udaipur- The City of Lakes
Udaipur is also known for its vibrant culture and traditions. The city is home to several colorful festivals and events throughout the year, including the Mewar Festival, which celebrates the arrival of spring, and the Shilpgram Crafts Fair, which showcases traditional Rajasthani handicrafts.
Udaipur is also a great place to enjoy traditional Rajasthani cuisine, which is known for its bold flavors and use of spices. Popular dishes include dal baati churma, gatte ki sabzi, and laal maas.
Udaipur, also known as the “City of Lakes,” is a popular tourist destination in India, famous for its rich history, stunning palaces, beautiful lakes, and vibrant culture. The city is located in the western Indian state of Rajasthan and is often referred to as the “Venice of the East” due to the many lakes that surround the city.
Udaipur is a city that is steeped in history, with its roots dating back to the 16th century when it was founded by Maharana Udai Singh II. The city is known for its beautiful palaces and forts, which are a testament to the grandeur and opulence of the Rajput era.
Here are some of the best places to visit in Udaipur:
If you’re planning a trip to Udaipur, there are many sights that you should not miss.
- City Palace: The City Palace is one of the most popular attractions in Udaipur, known for its stunning architecture and intricate designs. The palace was built by Maharana Udai Singh II and is a mix of Rajasthani, Mughal, and European architectural styles. The palace is situated on the banks of Lake Pichola and offers stunning views of the lake and the surrounding hills.
- Lake Pichola: Lake Pichola is one of the most beautiful lakes in India and is a must-visit destination for anyone traveling to Udaipur. The lake is surrounded by hills, palaces, and temples, and is a popular spot for boating and sightseeing.
- Jagdish Temple: The Jagdish Temple is one of the most important Hindu temples in Udaipur and is dedicated to Lord Vishnu. The temple is known for its stunning architecture and intricate carvings, and is a must-visit destination for anyone interested in history and culture.
- Fateh Sagar Lake: Fateh Sagar Lake is another beautiful lake in Udaipur and is a popular spot for boating and sightseeing. The lake is surrounded by hills and is a great place to relax and enjoy the scenic beauty of the city.
- Saheliyon-ki-Bari: Saheliyon-ki-Bari is a beautiful garden in Udaipur, known for its stunning architecture and beautiful fountains. The garden was built in the 18th century by Maharana Sangram Singh and was designed for the women of the royal household to relax and enjoy their leisure time.
- Monsoon Palace: The Monsoon Palace is a beautiful palace situated on top of a hill overlooking the city of Udaipur. The palace was built in the 19th century and is known for its stunning architecture and beautiful views of the surrounding hills and lakes.
- Kumbhalgarh Fort: The Kumbhalgarh Fort is a beautiful fort situated on top of a hill overlooking the Aravalli Mountains. The fort was built in the 15th century by Rana Kumbha and is known for its stunning architecture and beautiful views of the surrounding landscape.
- Bagore ki Haveli: Bagore ki Haveli is a beautiful haveli (mansion) situated on the banks of Lake Pichola. The haveli was built in the 18th century and is known for its stunning architecture and beautiful views of the lake and the surrounding hills.
- Shilpgram: Shilpgram is a beautiful village in Udaipur, known for its traditional Rajasthani architecture and handicrafts. The village is a great place to learn about the local culture and to buy some beautiful souvenirs to take back home.
- Vintage Car Museum: The Vintage Car Museum is a must-visit destination for anyone interested in vintage cars.
- Udaipur is a beautiful and vibrant city with a rich history and culture. It is a must-visit destination for anyone traveling to Rajasthan or northern India.
- Best Places to visit in Udaipur – City Palace, Lake Pichola, Jagdish Temple, Fatehsagar, Seheliyon ki bari, Monsoon Palace, Bagore ki Haveli, Shilpgram, Vintage Car Museum